What is infertility?
Infertility- A disease affecting the reproductive system of a man or a woman. Women patients find it difficult to get pregnant even after regularly having unprotected sex for 12 months or more. In male patients, low sperm count is termed as infertility. Infertility treatment drugs and effective treatment are fairly useful for such patients.
Reasons for Infertility
Some factors leading t0 infertility in women are inactive and unhealthy lifestyle, wrong eating habits, stress, consumption of cigarette and alcohol etc. Hormonal imbalance also affects the fertility. At the same time, lack of vitamin D in our body can lead to sudden infertility.
Medical treatment of female infertility:
Medications: Fertility medications alter hormone levels to stimulate ovulation.
Surgery: Surgery can be used to clear obstructed fallopian tubes and remove polyps and uterine fibroids. By eliminating endometriosis, surgery improves a woman’s chances of getting pregnant.
Low sperm count can lead to sudden infertility as well as defects in the sperm and obstructions that prevent the sperm from escaping. The reason for this as below,
- Birth defects
- Cancer treatment with chemotherapy and radiation
- Prolonged exposure to high heat
- Excessive use of alcohol, marijuana
- Hormonal imbalance
Medical treatment of men infertility:
Medications– Certain medications can improve sperm count and chances of achieving a successful pregnancy. These drugs can increase testicular function, including sperm production and quality.
Surgery – Surgery may be able to remove a sperm barrier and restore fertility in some circumstances. In some situations, surgically treating the varicocele can increase your chances of getting pregnant in general.
Types of Infertility
- Primary Infertility – A condition where a woman has never been pregnant and who is unable to conceive despite trying for a year or more.
- Secondary Infertility- The inability of a woman to get pregnant after giving delivery.
- Explained Infertility- After an inquiry, if the precise reason for infertility is shown to exist, it is classified as explained infertility.
- Unexplained Infertility- Even after investigation, when the exact cause of infertility is not known, then it is kept in the category of unexplained infertility.
How may infertility be avoided?
Both men and women can take following action to prevent their fertility problem, mainly while trying to conceive:
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Don’t smoke, abuse drugs, or avoid too much alcohol.
- Do meditation
- Receive STD treatment.
- Do moderate exercise regularly