Eye infections are the result of infectious diseases affecting one eye(s). If you notice inflammation, itching, swelling, or redness in your eye; you likely have an eye infection. It is common to all ages groups. Eye infections are of different types. The causes may also vary. Eye infections can range from bacterial conjunctivitis to post-eye surgery complications. To treat eye infections, Patients can now buy eye drops online from Allmedscare.com.
Know the Types and Causes of Eye Infections
- Conjunctivitis / Pink eye – An infection caused by bacterial, viral, or even fungal infections.
- Stye – Appears as a red bump around the eyelids and on the eyelash line. It causes pain and a burning sensation while you blink or blink too hard.
- Keratitis – A common condition of redness and pain in eyes. Usually treated with topical ointments, antibiotics, and special contact lenses.
- Uveitis – The most common causes of uveitis are viral infections and autoimmune disorders, such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus, which attack the immune system.
- Endophthalmitis – An infection and inflammation of the eye caused by a bacterial or fungal infection.
- Blepharitis – Inflammation of the eyelid. It may be triggered by bacteria, parasites, or inflammation in your nose.
- Dacryocystitis – Inflammation of the tear duct, or part of the eye that makes tears. It can be a result of bacterial infections or viral infections. It can be treated with antibiotics or surgery.
- Cellulitis – Cellulitis in the outermost layer of the eye and caused by infected skin cuts or scratch in the eye.
- Ocular herpes – A common virus found in very few patients. The symptoms include runny nose. If left untreated; the infection can turn into an eye infection. It can cause blindness.
Eye are one of the main sensory organs of a human body. A person should take care of this organ. In can of infections, they should visit an E&T specialists to treat eye infections.