Chicken is a domesticated species and the native or chicken bird is from southeast Asia. Male is called as cock & rooster, the female is called a hen. Nowadays so many hybrid chickens are available all over the world. According to the report, more than 23 billion chicken are present around the world in the year of 2018. It is the widespread domestic animal around the world and this is the most populated number than any other bird.
It provides so many health benefits to the human body, we can in detail one by one. Food plays a prominent role in all living things in this world. There are so many varieties of foods available in this world. Human beings are consuming several dishes based on their climatic conditions and their regional culture. Most of the people choose their food based on the two categories one is vegetarian food items and another one is non-vegetarian food items. In this article, we will see in depth about one non-vegetarian food item providing health benefits to the human being.
Non-vegetarian food contains meat such as red meat, poultry, seafood, or the flesh of any other animal and eggs. It is a popular non-vegetarian food around the world. Most people like to taste it in their daily life. People intake chicken in the form of cooking, boiling, frying and grilling.
The nutritional benefits of chicken can differ depending on the cut and the cooking type.
Boneless, skinless, cooked breast provides nutrition in form of:
- Saturated Fat
- Unsaturated Fat
- Riboflavin (vitamin B2)
- Niacin (vitamin B3)
- Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5)
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B12
Health benefits of Chicken
There are so many health benefits. People should add it in their food diet.
- Weight Loss: Modern generation cares so much about their body health, so they are taking care of their body weight under control. It is an amazing option to deal with heavy weight issues. Chicken, especially skinless breast, is loaded with a rich amount of protein and low amount of calories. Health studies have shown that, when consumed as part of a vegetable-rich diet, it helps to reduce body weight because of high protein content. Protein has a higher thermic effect than carbohydrates or fat, This will help the body to burn more calories digesting and metabolizing protein than other macronutrients. Protein also helps to keep the lean muscle mass, preventing metabolism from dipping during periods of weight loss. Many bodybuilders are consuming boiled chicken and doing their workouts regularly. This will help to keep their muscles strong and also helps them to build a good body structure.
- Improving Joints and skin Health: It contains enough dietary collagen. Several collagen supplements are made by extracting collagen from the bones, skin, and feet. So, collagen is the main structural protein present in bone, skin, and tendons. As human beings age, automatically our bodies produce less amount of collagen. This can lead to joint pain, muscle pain and wrinkles. Health research reports reveal that chicken collagen helps to improve joint pain and stiffness. Chicken also help to prevent skin aging and helps to keep the skin healthy.
- Good for heart health: Chicken loaded with a rich amount of vitamin B6, this will play a vital role to avoid heart attack. Vitamin B6 supports reducing the levels of homocysteine, one of the key components connected to an increased chance of heart attack. Additionally, Benefits of chicken also include it being a good source of niacin that helps reduce cholesterol, a risk factor for heart issue development.
- Encourage the immunity Power: Consuming Chicken soup has long been used as a natural home remedy for getting relief from cold, flu and other common respiratory infections. The hot steam soup helps to clear nasal and throat congestion while the thick fluid coats the throat to slow down the respiratory function by microbes to cause infection. According to the health study, consuming the soup helps to improve the immune cells, preventing inflammation during common infections and boosting immunity power.
Risks of Chicken
- It is not suitable for the people who follow vegetarian diets, as it comes from animals.
- It contains high protein, so this is not for the people with kidney disease, because intaking more protein than the body needs can stress the kidney’s organs and affect its function.
- Additionally fresh and raw chicken is contaminated with few harmful bacteria that can cause food poisoning, sometimes it will kill a person’s life. So, always practice safe food handling methods and cook raw chicken to an internal temperature of minimum 165 degrees Fahrenheit to kill harmful bacteria.
- Sometimes, It is also allergic to people. So, people facing any experience such as nausea, vomiting, hives, or difficulty breathing after eating chicken, immediately please seek doctor help.
Tips for Consuming to derive max benefits
Modern days people are consuming chicken prepared in a variety of ways. But people should follow some healthful ways to incorporate it into their diet:
- People should avoid frying it, and they should bake it in the oven, grill it, or pan-fry it with olive oil as Olive Oil has many benefits.
- Intake skin-on chicken in moderation to skip introducing too much saturated fat into the diet.
- Serve grilled or baked over drizzle with olive oil and little balsamic vinegar.
- Sauté diced chicken breast, broccoli, bell peppers, carrots, and olive oil in a skillet.
- Avoid processed lunch meats that contain chicken because it contains rich sodium and preservatives.