What is back pain?
Human beings have so many feelings like Joy, anger, horror, fear and feelings of pain in physical and mental. Most of the time human beings are facing pain in their physical body due to doing small and large activities.
Sometimes human beings are not able to bear that physical pain. In this article we will see about what is back pain?, reason and treatment for back pain. A person feeling a sudden or constant pain in his/her back side of the body. Most of them are facing pain in their hip or backbone. This pain may be mild and sometimes may be very sharp pain due to a few reasons. But this pain can easily be overcome by following some treatments.
Reason for Back Pain
There are so many reasons for back pain. But a common reason for back pain is injury to a muscle or ligament. This pain can occur for several reasons, including lifting weight improperly, poor posture and not doing workouts regularly. Lifting heavyweight objects may increase the risk of back strains and sprains. Some infections can cause back pain, they are…
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Herniated disk
- Kidney infection
- Kidney stones
- Muscle strains
- Poor posture
- Spinal cord tumor
- Spinal fractures
- Spinal stenosis
- Age- Back pain is more common with all aged people, but it mostly starts around age 30 or 40.
- Lack of exercise- People who are regularly doing workouts will cause back pain because of weak, unused muscles in the back and abdomen.
- Excess weight- People who are lifting excess weight puts more stress on the back.
- Smoking- People who have smoking habits will increase the chance of pain. Smokers have increased rates of back pain. Chain smoker people can face the risk of osteoporosis due to decreased blood flow to the spine.
- Psychological conditions- People who are struggling with stress, depression and anxiety appear to have a high chance to get pain. This mental health issue causes muscle tension, which can contribute to pain.
Back Pain can occur with any aged person including small children and teens. The above mentioned factors can increase the risk of developing pain.
How to prevent Back Pain?
Taking prevention methods will help to avoid the back pain problem. So following the below mentioned methods will help to keep the back healthy and strong.
- Exercise: Modern days people are very busy with their work, so many of them are not doing their exercise regularly in their daily life. This will cause many health issues including back pain. So people should regularly do low-impact aerobic activities — those that don’t strain or jolt the back — can improve the strength and endurance in the back and allow the muscles to work very well. Doing very simple workouts such as walking, bicycling, jogging and swimming are good choices to keep the body muscles active. Seeking help with a physical trainer is also a best option to getting simple workouts to avoid the this pain problem.
- Build muscle strength and flexibility: Regularly doing abdominal and back muscle workouts, which strengthen these muscles so that people can work well without facing pain problems.
- Keeps the body weight balanced: Heavy body weight will give more strain to the back muscles. So, better to lose more body weight and maintain a balanced weight will help to avoid pain problems.
- Quit smoking habits : Cigarette smoking habits increase the chance of low back pain. Especially chain smoker will having more chance to getting pain very quickly, So people should quitting this habit will reduce this risk in the future.
- Sit smart- People should always choose a seat with good lower back support, armrests and a swivel base. It Is also better to avoid sitting in one place for long hours because it will cause pain, so better to change the position or doing a simple walk for a few minutes will help to avoid pain in the future.
- Lift smart- People sometimes lift heavy weights, this will suddenly cause muscle cramps or back pain. Few of them are getting sharp muscle pains and this pain will not allow them to do other actions, so people should always avoid doing heavy lifting. If they want to move some heavy weight objects, better to use a machine for avoiding pain in the future.
- Stand smart- People who are working in the jewelry or textile store need to stand in a place for long hours, this will surely cause leg pains and severe pain. This type of person can walk a few distance in their certain area and avoids wearing high heels shoes.
How is back pain evaluated?
Health care experts don’t come to the final decision with the people’s mouth words, they also do some tests with advanced health care equipment. Some tests for back pain is
- CT scans.
- Bone scan.
Which healthcare providers evaluate and diagnose back pain?
The healthcare provider is often able to determine the cause and diagnose the patient’s back pain. If those patients need some advanced treatment to cure this issue, they’ll send them to a specialist. Some possible specialists include:
- A physical therapist.
- An osteopath.
- A chiropractor.
- A medical spine provider who specializes in this pain.
- An orthopaedic provider who specializes in bones and joints.
How is back pain treated?
After finding the root causes for pain, health care experts will make some treatment suggestions to cure back pain problems. Treatments for back pain are…
- Cold packs and/or heating pads.
- Stretching exercises.
- Doing body Massages.
- Physical therapy.
- Prescribed muscle relaxants, steroids and pain medications.
- Exercise — specifically strengthening exercises.
- Chiropractic care.