Oil is an important thing in the day today, human beings are always engaged with oil in various forms. There are different types of oils available in this world to use for several purposes. Edible Oils are mostly extracted from the trees, flowers, seeds, leaves and roots. Neem oil is also extracted from the neem trees. Neem tree is naturally loaded with several medicinal benefits. So it will play a vital role in human life.
What is Neem Oil?
Neem oil is extracted from the neem tree seeds. Naturally neem oil has the pesticide properties, so for several farmers used in their agriculture purpose. Neem oil is yellow to brown color, has a bitter taste, and a garlic/sulfur smell. Azadirachtin is the most active component present in the neem oil. Several hundreds of years to use this neem oil to control pests and diseases. Even modern day products have components of neem oil such as toothpaste, cosmetics, soaps, and pet shampoos. Neem oil has countless health benefits.
Health benefits of Neem Oil
Neem oil provides several health benefits to the body. People should know about it very well.
Neem oil provides a good contribution to hair health. They are
- Rich in fat content, neem oil boosts the quality of your hair.
- Regularly using neem oil is good for the scalp because it nourishes the scalp, and its antifungal agents help treat dandruff.
- Just adding a few drops of neem oil to your hair can support an itchy scalp.
- Regularly applying neem oil can help you have a healthier scalp and in turn more robust locks.
- Neem oil also helps to reduce hair loss and is used for treating lice.
- Neem oil is rich in antioxidant properties, so it can even help treat scalp psoriasis.
Lots of people are taking so much care about their skin health. Several people are using several artificial products to keep their skin well and good. But using natural remedies is also good for skin health. Neem oil also boosts skin health.
- Neem oil acts on acne and boils.
- Neem oil is often added to the warm bathwater of kids who are recovering from viral rashes.
- Neem oil is supported to delay the aging of the skin and early skin wrinkling.
- The organic neem oil can be used to heal wounds, increasing the production of collagen in your skin, and even decrease stubborn scars.
- Using neem oil decreases the risk of warts appearing on your skin.
- Neem oil encourages the wound-healing process very quickly. It also helps to get clearer, smooth skin that glows naturally without adding any artificial ingredients.
Bugs are damaging the plants, fruits and flowers. It also has harmful effects in the human body. Neem oil is playing a vital role to control the bugs.
- Bed bugs can be annoying and uncomfortable in the human being’s life, but this is easily dealt with by Neem oil. Neem oil is an amazing natural tool that can help control bed bugs.
- Neem oil is a natural insecticide, which means it will not make any harmfulness to your skin but in return will add benefits of throwing away unwanted bugs.
- Mosquitoes do like the neem oil smell and its properties, so please sprayed or dabbed neem oil on hems of clothes.
- Just adding neem oil with coconut oil and then applying it all over the skin can help to repel mosquitoes for more than 12 hours.
- Neem oil has the power to control the grounds for mosquito breeding by repelling them with its smell and effect. Just adding a few drops of neem oil to water containers in mosquito-infested areas discourages mosquitoes from breeding.
- In the great area garden neem oil is an excellent option to repellent bugs such as locusts beetles, mites, nematodes, and caterpillars.
- Neem oil is an awesome natural option to repellent for termites, ants, and cockroaches.
Some Other health benefits:
- Neem oil supplies health benefits through its blood-purifying properties, which can help to aid recovery from infections and acne.
- Several researchers have found neem contains a rich amount of antibacterial and antiviral properties. Neem oil has the ability to be used for treatment in several forms of cancer, including breast cancer, pancreatic cancer, and prostate cancer. Cancer is not an endgame, it just needs proper management and good timely treatment.
- Neem leaf and neem oil is used to treat snake venom.
- Neem oil is a good option to take care of the pets, because neem oil has the power to prevent pets from dangerous skin diseases. Just simply sprayed neem oil in the areas where pets spend maximum time to prevent them from contracting infections and skin related issues.
- Several beauty cosmetics and skin care product manufacturers are nowadays branding and selling neem oil, because of its amazing skin health results.
- Using neem tree oil takes a predominant place in aromatherapy products to control and overcome depression, anxiety, stress and restore mental wellness.
Is Neem oil a contribution to the environment?
Azadirachtin, a major active component in the neem oil, is rapidly broken down; Microbes and light break down the pesticide in sand, water and on plants. The half-life of azadirachtin in sand ranges from 3 – 44 days. In water, the half-life of azadirachtin is from 48 minutes to 4 days. It also rapidly breaks down on plant leaves; the half-life of azadirachtin is 1 – 2.5 days. Regularly using neem oil will make the environment hygienic and kill bad microorganisms.
Is neem oil affect birds, fish, or other wildlife?
Neem oil is naturally non-toxic to birds, mammals, bees and plants. Neem oil is less toxic to fish and other aquatic organisms. Azadirachtin, an active component of neem oil, is moderately toxic to fish and other aquatic animals. Bees and other pollinators are not likely to be harmed by the neem oil.
People should use neem oil to improve their body health conditions, but never drinking neem oil directly to their mouth, it may cause some side effects. So better to use neem oil with some precaution steps.