Introduction to Generic Fosamax 70 mg
Generic Fosamax 70mg contains 91.37 mg of alendronate monosodium salt trihydrate, which is the molar equivalent of 70 mg of free acid. A tablet of Fosamax also contains some inactive ingredients such as microcrystalline cellulose, anhydrous lactose, croscarmellose sodium, and magnesium stearate. It is an important women’s health medication available at Allmedscare.com.
In females, Fosamax is used for treating or inhibiting osteoporosis; caused by menopause. Generic Fosamax 70mg is also used for treating osteoporosis caused due to consumption of steroids. Additionally, Generic Fosamax is used for increasing bone mass in people who are already suffering from osteoporosis. It is a possible solution to Paget’s ailment of bone in males and females.
How Fosamax works inside the body?
Fosamax contains Sodium Alendronate, a bisphosphonate that acts as a specific inhibitor of osteoclast-mediated bone resorption. Generally, A Bisphosphonate is a synthetic analog of pyrophosphate that is known to bind hydroxyapatite found in bones. Chemically, Sodium Alendronate is (4-amino-1-hydroxybutylidene) bisphosphonic acid monosodium salt trihydrate. It makes bones stronger and helps in the prevention/treatment of osteoporosis. The medicine functions by obstructing osteoclasts that are accountable for reabsorbing and breaking down the bone (through a procedure called bone resorption). Fosamax builds bones stronger by decelerating the loss of bone and letting the osteoblasts (bone constructing cells) function more efficiently along with the refinement of the bone mass. You should take a tablet of Fosamax as per your doctor’s prescription and follow all the directions that are written on the medication leaflet. Do not alter the prescribed quantity. It is strictly advised to self a prescription without consulting your doctor.
What shall I do in case of missing a dose of Fosamax 70mg?
One-time every-day dose: You should only consume a maximum of one pill per day. In case of missed doses, you should wait until the next morning for the next regular dose. Skipping the missed dose is advisable as you should not consume 2 doses of this medication in a period of 24 hours.
One time per week dose: You can take the Fosamax as soon as possible if you forgot to take it on the scheduled day. But the next week, you should consume it on the scheduled day. Consuming 2 doses in a span of 24 hours is strictly prohibited.
What happens in the case of a Fosamax overdose?
In case of a Fosamax drug overdose, consult your doctor ASAP. It is advised to seek emergency medical help or contact a local poison control center for managing any effects that may be caused due to overconsumption of this medication.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of Generic Fosamax 100mg Online?
Following are a few advantages of using Fosamax:
- It is used in the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis problems in postmenopausal females as well as males.
- It plays a vital role in the treatment of glucocorticoid-encouraged osteoporosis and bone Paget’s disease.
- It treats adverse skeletal impacts instigated by certain cancers.
- Medical Studies have revealed that Fosamax is quite effective in comparison to other bisphosphonates like risedronate. It helps in growing bone mineral thickness without any side effects.
Following are a few disadvantages of using Fosamax:
- It might not be suitable for a few people who are suffering from pre-existing oesophageal disorders, kidney disease, and low blood calcium levels (hypocalcemia) or those who are not able to sit upright or stand straight for around 30 minutes at least.
- The long-term usage of the bisphosphonates like Fosamax is also linked with osteonecrosis of the jaw, atypical femur fractures, and esophageal cancer.
- The ideal period of treatment with Fosamax is still not clear.
- The medication may interact with supplements comprising magnesium/calcium or drugs like antacids.
- It may reduce the calcium levels inside the blood. Tests for lower levels of calcium in the blood must be done before Fosamax supervision.
- Generic Fosamax is only available as a 70 mg hard tablet. Its liquid preparation has been stopped.