Eyes are one of the major sensory organs. The human body is created with several organs (internal and external). Each and every organ has a unique function to keep the body active and healthy. The eyes are an external organ, and they will act as light for the whole body. Human beings and other living things use their eyes to see each and every object in this world. People who have no vision , cannot see any objects or persons in this world. Simply put, they can only see the dark color.
The human eye is structured with three coats or layers, which enclose the optically clear aqueous humor, lens, and vitreous body. The outermost layer is made up of the cornea and the sclera; the middle layer has the main blood supply to the eye from the back forward of the choroid, and the inner layer consists of the ciliary body and the iris.
- Many of them think we are seeing objects or people with our eyes, but that is not true because our eyes just act like a camera and send details to the brain. With the help of brain function, we can see objects or people.
- Naturally we are seeing any objects upside down with our eyes, but it is turned the right way up by our brain.
- People can blink five times per second.
- Most of the time people blink several times while talking with others.
- Single eye blink lasts 100-150 milliseconds.
- Without taking any rest, human eyes function 100% at any movement.
- Humans have two eyeballs, this will help to compare two images or objects and allow us to find the distance between that object from us.
- Eyes are taking only 48 hours to heal for minor issues, when we are taking proper care and solution.
- The human eyes are about 1 inch across and weigh about 0.25 ounces.
- The human eye has the power to differentiate approximately 10 million different colors.
- The human eyes remain the same size throughout life, whereas the human nose and ears never stop growing.
- The human eye blinks an average of 4.2 million times a year. This means that if you were given a nickel for every time you blink, you would make $210k per year.
Some More Facts
- These organs are made up of more than 2 million working parts.
- Each and every eye contains 107 million cells, and all are light-sensitive.
- The fastest muscle in your body is in the eyes; Hence, the phrase, “In the blink of an eye.”
- Brown is the most common eye color in the world.
- A person can receive surgery in order to make their brown eyes blue because brown eyes have blue color underneath.
- The night vision of wild animals like tigers is six times better than that of humans.
- The fear of the eyes is called Ommetaphobia.
- If the human eye is a digital camera, then it has 576 megapixels.
- During the eye sight test, people can also find diabetes and high blood pressure health conditions.
- Diabetes is the number one reason for blindness in adults in the United Kingdom.
- When the two eyes are in different colors, this condition is called Heterochromia.
- Males are most commonly facing color blindness issues.
Details on New Born Babies
- New born babies do not produce any tears, until they reach six weeks old.
- New born babies can see the objects or person clearly about 8 – 15 inches away.
- When we are older and older, we can produce only less tears.
- More than 80% of our memories are determined by what we see.
- From the time of our birth to death, only one cell survives in our body, that cell present in our eyes.
- The average lifetiashes shed during his/her lifetime, he/she can measure 98 feet long.
- Eyelashes help to keep the eyes clean and also eliminate all dirt.
- One silly thing will never possible for human that is “Not open the two eyes while sneezing”
- Eyebrows help to avoid sweat dripping.
- Eyes have the ability to close automatically, while facing some dangerous things, for example if a person pokes your eyes with his finger, suddenly eyes close automatically.
- Humans can read normal newspapers 25 percent faster than reading paper on screen.
- UV damage is the main reason for premature aging.
- Around the world, more than 80% of eye- rel
- Today so many countries are preferring eye scans for security purposes, because it is more confidential and unique compared with fingerprints.
- Each and every one has a slightly stronger eye than the other one.
- During the dry eye condition, eyes will automatically water to keep the eyes moisture.
- Pirates wore earrings because they believed it improved their vision.
- Smoking cigarettes will affect the power, especially it will affect the night vision.
- Human eye can see only three colors : red, green and blue. Remaining colors are seen with the combination of these three colors.
- Human eyes have the capability to see 500 shades of gray.
- In the modern medicine world, Eye transplants are impossible due to the sensitivity of the optic nerve.
Our eyes are an amazing organ present in the body, so it is very important to keep the eyes healthy. Using smart devices such as smartphones, computers and tabs for a long time will lead to eye health issues. Using smartphones in the night time will encourage several health issues in the body, so better to use the smart devices at the right time. Consuming Oily fish, vitamin A and vitamin C rich food items can help to preserve good eyesight.